Sunday, February 13, 2011

VD Day

I have been married for years- most of them happily- but I regrettably am one of the least romantic women on the planet. My husband once took me to a rock, in the middle of a creek, with champagne and snacks awaiting us. I fell in. He has since discontinued the elaborate Valentine's day rituals and practices more "every day" romantic acts. For example, he makes me coffee just the way I like it. He also only puts the toilet paper on with the paper going over the top because he knows I hate it the other way. If this isn't romantic I don't know what is!

For those wanting to woo the loved one in more spectacular ways than making sure the t.p. is on right try this cocktail:
Love Potion #9

 2 oz. green tea (I use Mighty Leaf Green Tea Passion), 1/2 oz. honey vanilla syrup (add a little hot water to honey with a little vanilla paste or extract added), 1/2 oz. lemon juice, 1 1/2 oz.Cap Rock gin, 3/4 oz. Pama pommegranite liquor. Pour over ice, mix, garnish with lemon. This cocktail is pretty, not too sweet and not too boozy. This is a lovely way to get in the mood.

For those without a date there is always Dickle. http://www.dickel.com/home.aspx   Pun intended. However, there is no better way to get over heart ache or loneliness than whiskey. Tennessee sipping whiskey made from fine ingredients may be the best salve for a wound. The making of it is like a love story in and of itself. The passion of a man, stomped by prohibition, resurrected by another and chilled to produce the finest qualities. The aroma, the rushing water, the craftsmanship... ohhh... O.K. so I might be a romantic after all. Is it so wrong that the object of my romantic tendency is Dickle?

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog thru Montaluce's FB page - great recipes! I will have to get more adventurous and try some. I wrote about Montaluce in my first Blog -
    http://karasgreatgetaways.blogspot.com/2011/01/wine-weekends-woooohooooo.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. DeElla,you know that Dickle will only break your heart.

    ReplyDelete